Post Graduate Diploma (Banking & Finance)
Post Graduate Diploma (Banking & Finance) is an industry sponsored programme launched in collaboration with United Bank of India. This programme has been specially developed for the Bank’s new JMG-I level recruits with a strong focus on banking and finance. The one-year programme is divided into 4 terms, each term lasting approximately 12 weeks. The programme comprises a total of 69 credits with 21 taught courses and a final Internship in the Federal Bank.
The programme incorporates application-oriented courseware and pedagogy which will enable the students develop into bankers with an exceptional skills for Banking Operation. The programme not only has courses dealing with different aspects of finance and banking, but also has a number of courses aimed to enhance communication skills, customer orientation and personal productivity. The programme extensively uses technological platforms as enabling tools to make leaning an enriching experience. Students will also get hands-on experience of working on the Core Banking Solution of the Bank - Finacle. After successful completion of the programme, the candidates will be absorbed as Probationary Officers in JMG-I level of United Bank of India.
- Core Management courses: These are conventional management courses spanning all the functional management areas aimed at developing the fundamental general management framework. The focus is on rigorous grounding in the rudiments of every discipline of management and the development of a common foundation of business concepts and their application.
- Courses for Communication & Professional Skills: Several elements of the MBA programme, including group-based projects, case discussions and presentations, role-plays and management games underscore the importance that the programme places on the effective personality development. The programme also includes special courses aimed to groom the students in verbal & non-verbal communication, business-writing, group dynamics & team-work, leadership & assertiveness, personal productivity & quality, international etiquette and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Business Analytics Courses: These courses form the essence of the programme and cover a wide gamut of courses spanning from the basic Business Statistics courses to Predictive Analytics, Stochastic Models, Optimisation Analytics, Introduction to Big Data, Business Data Management and Research Methods.
- Data Science Courses: The course has a strong component of Data Science courses aimed at imparting technical robustness to the programme and helping develop professionals who have competence in both coding and analytics. These include courses like Programming for Analytics, Business Programming using Python, Data Structures and Algorithms and Data Warehousing and Data Mining.
- Business Application Courses: These courses will impart the competitive edge to students by helping them learn how concepts, tools and techniques of Business Analytics and Data Science are applied in different industries in the real world of business. The courses include Digital & Social Media Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Financial analytics and HR Analytics.