||Mathematics & Basic Sciences
||B. Sc. [Andhra University]|
M. A. Education [Andhra University]
M. Sc. [Central University of Pondicherry]
M. Phil. [Central University of Pondicherry]
Ph. D. [NIT Tiruchirappalli]
||Engineering Mathematics, Algebra, Analysis.
||Fluid Dynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer
||Watching TV, Listening Music
Dr. Ganapathirao is an Assistant Professor in Mathematics & Basic Sciences area in NU. He completed his B.Sc. from Andhra University in 2004. He completed his M.Sc. and M.Phil, Mathematics from Central University of Pondicherry in 2009 and 2010, respectively. He did his Ph.D. in Mathematics from NIT, Tiruchirappalli. Dr. Ganapathirao has published 8 research papers in International Journals of repute.
Dr. Ganapathirao’s research interests lie in fluid dynamics. He works on unsteady (as well as steady) mixed convection, laminar boundary layer flow problems with surface mass transfer (suction/injection). He is particularly interested in fluid flow problems with non-uniform slot suction/injection. Ganapathirao uses numerical simulation to study mixed convection, laminar, unsteady flow problems. Problems he has worked on in the past include flow over a vertical cone, wedge, stretching sheet and plate. He has considered these works under various physical effects.
- Selected for NBHM Postdoctoral Fellowship in the year 2015 by National Board for Higher Mathematics.
- Selected for NBHM Research Fellowship Award in the year 2012 by National Board for Higher Mathematics.
- Awarded Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Fellowship in the year 2011 by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
- Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) under the Eligibility for Lectureship in 2011.
- Qualified Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) for Assistant Professor/Lectureship held on 24th November, 2013.
- Secured 1st rank in Entrance Examination-2007conducted for M.Sc., Mathematics by Andhra University.
- Secured All India 3rd rank in Entrance Examination-2007conducted for M.Sc., Mathematics by Central University of Pondicherry.
Before joining NU, Dr. Ganapathirao has worked as a Temporary Faculty in NIT Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu for almost 8 Months.
- Ganapathirao, M., Ravindran, R. and Pop, I. (2013) Non-uniform slot suction (injection) on an unsteady mixed convection flow over a wedge with chemical reaction and heat generation or absorption, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 67, 1054-1061. (SCI)
- Ravindran, R., Ganapathirao, M. and Pop, I. (2014) Effects of chemical reaction and heat generation/absorption on unsteady mixed convection MHD flow over a vertical cone with non-uniform slot mass transfer, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 73, 743-751. (SCI)
- Ganapathirao, M., Revathi, G. and Ravindran, R. (2014) Unsteady mixed convection boundary layer flow over a vertical cone with non-uniform slot suction (injection), Meccanica, 49,673-686. (SCI)
- Ganapathirao, M., Ravindran, R. and Momoniat, E. (2015) Effects of chemical reaction, heat and mass transfer on an unsteady mixed convection boundary layer flow over a wedge with heat generation/absorption in the presence of suction or injection, Heat and Mass Transfer, 55, 289-300. (SCI)
- Ravindran, R. and Ganapathirao, M. (2013) Non-uniform slot suction/injection into mixed convection boundary layer flow over a vertical cone, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (English Edition), 34, 1327-1338. (SCIE)
- Ganapathirao, M., Ravindran, R. and Samyuktha, N. (2016) Effect of viscous dissipation on MHD mixed convective flow over a vertical wedge embedded in a porous medium with non-uniform slot suction or injection, Journal of Porous Media (Accepted). (SCIE)
- Samyuktha, N. Ravindran, R. and Ganapathirao, M. (2016) Effects of chemical reaction, heat generation or absorption into a mixed convection boundary layer flow over a vertical stretching sheet with non-uniform slot mass transfer, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Technical Physics (Accepted). (SCIE)
- Ganapathirao, M. and Ravindran, R. (2015) Non-uniform slot suction/injection into mixed convective MHD flow over a vertical wedge with chemical reaction, Procedia Engineering, 127, 1102-1109.
- Paper presented in International Conference on Computational Heat and Mass Transfer, NIT Warangal, Telangana, India.
International journals reviewed:
- International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer
- Applied Mathematics and Computation
- Journal of Aerospace Engineering
- Ain Shams Engineering Journal
Dr. Ganapathirao can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Google Scholar Site: Dr. M. Ganpathrao