Resonance is a well-designed activity that makes new students feel at home and get themselves familiar with the campus as well as academics. The objectives are:
- To familiarize students with the life on campus and to make the transition from school to university smooth for them.
- To build connect with batch mates, seniors and faculty members.
- Most importantly, helping them to take the first step towards learning how to “use your new found freedom”.
- To understand the value systems followed in NU system of education and internalize it.
- Preparatory classes in Programming concepts and practice and Mathematics concepts for courses that follow.
- Intellectually Stimulating Sessions on “Puzzles for algorithms thinking”.
- Sessions on “Learning to Learn” enabling students to understand this learning style.
- Awareness about The Asian Lenses Forum (TALF).
- Interaction with Alumni through Panel Discussion.
- Microsoft Innovation Centre Activities added to the list of club activities.
- Interaction with eminent personalities from different walks of life through Invited Talks.
- Science Quiz
- Opportunity to cultivate a hobby of choice.
List of Co-curricular Activities
- Arts Club: The Art Club is a place for practicing artists to hone in on their skills, develop their techniques and portfolios, collaborate with other artists like themselves, create bonds with the community through the arts, and learn how to work together.
- Dance club: The students will be taught basic choreographic elements and tools. The purpose for the workshop will be to help them create on their own and to be able to express themselves through body movement. The workshop would culminate into a dance competition on the last day.
- Debate club: Students will be able to write a paragraph identifying one opposing viewpoint and write another paragraph that attempts to challenge that viewpoint.
- Electronics club: High Frequency Radio Communication was discovered by electronics enthusiasts. Join Electronics Activities and make a few discoveries of your own!
- Music club: Entertainment is free and features the musical group A Little Bit of Heaven. Students will be taught basics of singing and also playing instruments like Guitar, Drums etc.
- MIC Club: Type of activities will be Demonstration and enrolment in various Microsoft portals like dreamspark, MVA, bizspark etc. Technical training on topics like HTML, C#. Introduction to Game development. Innovative product idea competition.
- Photography & Video making club: Students will be given exposer to use DSLR camera for photography and video recording and will also be given exposure to Photoshop and movie making tools for enhancing the quality of captured photo/video.
- Theatre club: Theatre is a team activity. The team will be given a theme randomly and then they have to write the script on the given theme and plot the characters. The team will rehearse every day in activity workshops.
List of Outdoor Activities
- Sport: All clusters will participate in various sports like volleyball, table-tennis, basketball, cricket etc.
- Sustainability: It’s a great way to get students energized about taking care of the Earth and helping their society while learning about some of the most important issues facing the world in the 21st century.
- Adventure: Adventure sports are a great way to build confidence and leadership. We will arrange activities like tracking and valley crossing during Resonance 2016.
List of Invited Speakers
- 1. Mr. Harpal Singh, Chairman, Nanhi Chhaan Foundation (also Mentor & Chairman Emeritus, Fortis Healthcare Limited)
- 2. Mr. Keshav R Murugesh, Group CEO, WNS Global Services
- 3. Mr. Rahul Patwardhan, CEO NIIT
- 4. Ms. Syeda Imam , Former member of the National Commission for Minorities, India
(More to be announced)
Resonance 2016 for B.Tech
Resonance 2016 for B.Tech Time Table
Resonance 2016 for B.Tech Cultural Programme and Prize Distribution