MBA (BA) with WNS
The Industry Sponsored MBA (Business Analytics) is offered with WNS (Holdings) Limited, a leading provider of global Business Process Management (BPM) services.
The selection process of MBA (Business Analytics) is designed to identify meritorious men and women with effective personalities possessing a spirit of inquiry, excitement and daring and who have an aptitude for analytics and management. The University uses multiple criteria for selection of candidates.
Following are the components of the Selection Process:
- Filling up of the Application form
- NU Management Aptitude Test
- Analytics Aptitude Test
- Psychometric Profiling for Learnability
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Background verification for shortlisted candidates
Application & Screening – NU seeks applications from interested candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and who are desirous of pursuing the MBA (Business Analytics) Programme. Profiles would be screened to weed out applications not meeting the eligibility criteria. Such applicants will not be invited for the Aptitude Test nor will their profiles be rated.
NU Management Aptitude Test – All invited candidates would need to undertake the NU Management Aptitude Test which will be conducted at 15 locations across the country. The test will measure management aptitude in three areas– Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning. The duration of the test will be one hour and the questions will be multiple choice.
Analytics Aptitude Test —Analytics Aptitude Test will be held together with NU Management Aptitude Test. The duration of the test will be one hour and multiple choice questions will be asked from the following areas: Set theory, Solution of Quadratic equations with real coefficients, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions and means, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Matrices, Linear Algebra, Coordinate geometry in two dimensions, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Differential equations, Numerical Analysis.
Syllabus for the proficiency test (Maths)
- Set theory: basic set operations, order of finite set, Cartesian product, Venn diagrams
- Solution of Quadratic equations with real coefficients.
- Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic means, sums of finite arithmetic and geometric progressions, infinite geometric series, sums of squares and cubes of the first n natural numbers.
- Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem for a positive integral index, properties of binomial coefficients.
- Matrices as a rectangular array of real numbers, equality of matrices, addition, multiplication by a scalar and product of matrices, transpose of a matrix, determinant of a square matrix, inverse of a square matrix, properties of these matrix operations, diagonal, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices and their properties, solutions of simultaneous linear equations using matrices. Gauss-Jordan Method of Solution of simultaneous linear equations.
- Linear Algebra: Dependence & independence of vectors, bases and dimensions, spanning, properties of quadratic forms.
- Two dimensions: Cartesian coordinates, distance between two points, shift of origin. Equation of a straight line in various forms, distance of a point from a line; Lines through the point of intersection of two given lines, equation of the bisector of the angle between two lines; Equation of a circle, equations of tangent, normal and chord.
- Differential calculus: Real valued functions of a real variable, into, onto and one-to-one functions, sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions, composite functions, absolute value, polynomial, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions. Limit and continuity of a function, limit and continuity of the sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions, Even and odd functions, inverse of a function, continuity of composite functions, intermediate value property of continuous functions. Derivative of a function, derivative of the sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions, chain rule, derivatives of polynomial, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions. Derivatives of implicit functions; increasing and decreasing functions, maximum and minimum values of a function; partial derivatives; Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorem; Applications: maxima and minima, optimisation.
- Integral calculus: Integration as the inverse process of differentiation, indefinite integrals of standard functions, definite integrals and their properties. Integration by parts, integration by the methods of substitution and partial fractions, application of definite integrals to the determination of areas involving simple curves, continuous compounding, average value of functions.
- Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first order differential equations.
- Numerical Analysis: solution of polynomial & transcendental equations using numerical methods such as Bisection, Newton-Raphson methods, Lagrange’s and Newton’s Interpolating polynomials.
Psychometric Profiling for Learnability — All shortlisted candidates will undertake the psychometric profiling questionnaire and appear for Group Discussion, Communication Proficiency Test and Personal Interview.
The psychometric profiling score will be used only to identify elements of the personality that can be built upon.
Group Discussion, Communication Proficiency Test, Personal Interview —These components will be used to explore the Quality of Work experience, Communication Skills, High Drive for Results, Influencing Ability, Process Orientation, Analytical skills and Interpersonal effectiveness.
- Educational Qualifications – Graduate in any discipline with mathematics or statistics as a subject during graduation.
- Minimum 50% marks in graduation
- Professional Experience – Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience after graduation.
- Age – Upto 28 years (as on 1st June and 1st December of the year)
Programme Fee includes Hostel and University Fee: Rs 5, 00,000/- plus (taxes if applicable).
- Acceptance Fee: Rs 25,000/- (one time payment )
- Mess + Laundry Charges: Rs 48,000/- per annum.
Candidates may note following points:
- The Programme fee will be facilitated by WNS as a student loan and its compulsory to take loan from WNS. Interest rate will be approx. 13% , The EMI per month will be approx. 20,833 INR. The EMI is payable to WNS post the completion of 2 year academic course in Neemrana. .There is no option of pre-payment or foreclosure of loan. Only after your successful completion of your programme and after joining the company student will be repaying the education loan in 36 EMI’s to WNS.
- No EMI’s will be recovered during 2 year duration of programme.
- For availing loan candidate has to execute a loan agreement with WNS and furnish a guarantee for loan repayment (one guarantor will be required), failing to which a candidate will not be enrolled in the programme.
- The bond requires the student to be employed with WNS for 3 years post the course completion.
|Last Date to Apply
||7th & 8th May
||14th & 15th May
||14th & 15th May
|Admission Acceptance by Candidate
|Batch Start Date
Forms & Information Brochure
Applications will be accepted online at https://nucleus.niituniversity.in/mba-ba/Login.aspx