NU B.Tech programmes require a student to complete 175-178 credits in four academic years constituting eight semesters. The first seven semesters are organized in the Campus while the last semester is conducted off-Campus at location of industry to complete Industry Practice.
A student cannot take more than six academic years to complete the B.Tech Programme. Academic regulations of the University define the minimum academic performance and other stipulated conditions for award of B.Tech degree.
The courses are categorized as follows:
- Programme Core - Humanities, Social Sciences & Management - to acquire interdisciplinary knowledge
- Professional Core - To gain proficiency in domain area
- Basic Sciences - Mathematics & Sciences - to develop analytical ability
- Professional Electives - To specialize in an industry-specific domain
- R&D Project - To inculcate a strong research bent of mind
- Open Electives - To orient towards professional interests
- Industry Practice - To build seamlessness with the world of work through Industry-work or Industry-oriented research