Prospective applicants interested in seeking admissions in NU under any of the Admissions Modes (EAD/RAD) to either the B.Tech or the B.Tech-M.Tech Integrated Dual Degree programme have to follow the procedure given below::
Step 1: Download the admission application form either from
or obtain it from any of the designated Admissions Offices of NU. The Application fee can be paid either online or by cash/cheque/ demand draft in favor of NIIT University, payable at Gurgaon.
Step 2: Submit the duly completed admission application form along with all the required documents, using ANY of the following modes:
- Online at our website: niituniversity.in. Attach scanned copies of all the required documents as specified in the application form.
- Courier the printed copy of the form by post to the NU Central Admissions Office at NIIT House, 85, Sector 32, Institutional Area, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122001.
- E- Mail a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the scanned copies of all the documents required.
- Submit a printed copy of the form in person to a duly authorized representative, details of which are available on our website.
- Those applicants who have the Class XII score of either 2015 or 2016 should also submit a self-attested mark sheet of Class XII. If forms are submitted online, a scanned copy of all the required documents should also be attached.
- Candidates who have applied before March 31, 2017, have to submit a self-attested copy of the admit card of the Class XII board examination with the reference of their application number.
Step 3: Schedule your PCI online by selecting the PCI location closest to you and the time slot most convenient for you. In case you need assistance to schedule the PCI, please contact the relevant admissions office.
Step 4: In the absence of JEE Main/BITSAT/SAT/Any State Engineering Entrance Examination Rank/Score, the applicant will be required to appear in the NU Engineering Test (NUET).
Step 5: The eligible applicants undergo the PCI (Personal Counseling Interaction) either face-to-face or through video conferencing on the day and time selected by them after completing a written questionnaire
The following will be assessed during the PCI:
- English communication skills – written & oral
- Interest & hobbies
- Degree of self-awareness
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Reason for the choice of stream
Step 6: All eligible applicants’ parents/guardian will be invited for an interaction with the NU team. The interactions can be either face-to-face or through video conferencing. The parent/guardian interaction will be scheduled on the same day as the PCI. Parents/guardian interaction is mandatory before admission acceptance.
Step 7: Selected candidates should submit the Acceptance Letter duly signed by them and their parent/guardian within 5 working days of receiving the letter along with a non-refundable acceptance cum admission processing fee: INR 20,000 under EAD
Step 8: Applicants should intimate their Class XII results (if not intimated along with the application form) to NU Admissions Office with the reference of the application number latest by June 6, 2017. In case the results of the Class XII examination is not announced by the board, then the applicant should inform the university admissions office of the delay and seek a written extension for submission of the Class XII results.
Step 9: Candidates must submit proof (self-attested copy) of having passed the Class XII Board examination from any Indian Board or equivalent from outside India with a minimum of 60% marks at the time of submitting the application form by June 6, 2017.
Step 10: A final offer will be made via email to the selected applicants after the PCI with the applicant and the parent/guardian interaction within 3 days after the announcement of the class XII results or within two working days of PCI whichever is later.
Step 11: Once selected, candidates enroll into the programme as follows:
- All candidates offered admission before May 24, 2017 should pay the balance applicable fee as per the preferred payment plan i.e. Semester/Annual along with refundable interest-free security deposit by June 6, 2017. . The fee can be paid by cash, through electronic transfer, or by demand draft in favor of NIIT University, payable at Gurgaon. From here their status changes from a ‘candidate’ to a ‘student’ of NU.
- Applicants who have applied after May 24, 2017, if offered admission, should submit the acceptance letter duly signed and pay the non-refundable acceptance cum admission processing fee along with the applicable fee (as per the selected payment plan of Semester/Annual) and interest-free, refundable security deposit. The fee can be paid by cash, through electronic transfer, or by demand draft in favor of NIIT University, payable at Gurgaon within 5 working days from the receipt of offer letter of RAD sent to the student via SMS, email and courier.
Step 12: Students join the University campus on July 13th / 14th, 2017 & start with the “RESONANCE” programme and complete the first registration formalities including verification of original mark-sheets of Class X and XII. The programme starts on July 15, 2017.
NU offers admission for its B. Tech programme via two modes:
- Early Admission Mode
- Regular Admission Mode
EARLY ADMISSION MODE
NU offers Early Admissions to students appearing for their Class XII Board Examinations in March-April 2017 as also to those who have taken their Class XII Board examination not earlier than March 2015. The EAD process is particularly suitable for those who are clear about pursuing engineering studies or/and multidisciplinary curriculum leading to post-graduate research career or those willing to set up their own start-up ventures after graduation. This is also beneficial to the NU to spread out its admission process since it gives more time for in-depth interaction with the applicants which is a vital part of NU selection process.
The applicants seeking admission in this mode can also apply for scholarship under the NU Scholar Search Programme. There are limited seats for which admission is being granted under the Early Admission Mode. The admission will be granted on a first come first served basis to only those applicants who meet all the admission criteria.
Benefits of Early Admission
- Early Admissions ensure that the student can be stress free and can focus on exceling in their Class XII Board examinations.
- NU supports the selected Early Admissions students for their Class XII exams through the ‘Study Smart Initiative’.
- Early Admissions students also get access to the NU ‘Resonance’, which enables them to get an early start into the B.Tech Programme.
- Opportunity to attend Camp Future is a two day getaway at NU campus, designed to give future students along with their parents a glimpse of the NU life as guests of NIIT University.
- Students who have scored ≥75% marks in class X exams are only eligible for scholarships under the NU Scholar Search Programme.
- EAD students get benefits of reduced enrolment fee while joining NU.
The application forms for the EAD mode will be available from Sep 25, 2016, onwards.
The last date to submit applications is EAD – January 31, 2017
REGULAR ADMISSION MODE (RAD)
NU offers admission into its prestigious B.Tech Programme under Regular Admission Mode (RAD) for eligible applicants who are appearing in Class XII Board Examinations in March/April 2017 or have successfully completed Class XII in March 2015 or 2016.
The applicants seeking admission in this mode can also apply for scholarship under the NU Scholar Search Programme.
There are limited seats for which admission is being granted under the Regular Application Mode. The admission will be granted on a first come first served basis to only those applicants who meet the admission criteria.
The application form for the RAD MODE will be available from April 6, 2017 onwards.
- RAD-Round 1-April 6,2017
- RAD-Round 1 –June 12,2017
The B.Tech-M.Tech Integrated Dual Degree Programme
NU offers direct admission to the B.Tech-M.Tech Integrated Dual Degree Programme.
The five year integrated programme enables students to pursue an M.Tech specialization in the following fields:
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Educational Technology
- Geographic Information System
NU is working at launching new areas of M.Tech specializations as well, keeping in mind the industry demand. B.Tech 2017-2018 students may be eligible to select their specialization from those new areas currently being developed.
Students select their area of M.Tech specialization in the third year of their B.Tech Programme. At the end of the fifth year, students receive both the B.Tech and as well as the M.Tech degree.
To apply for the Integrated, Dual Degree B.Tech -M.Tech Programme, students need to indicate the same at the time of filling the application form. The selection process for the B.Tech-M.Tech Integrated Dual Degree Programme is the same as that for the B.Tech Programme. Further, the scholarship awarded is applicable in the fifth year as well.
Application Form and Information Brochure
The Application Form and Information Brochure for the B. Tech programme can be obtained via our website or personally collected at our Admissions offices and centres.
NH 8, Delhi Jaipur Highway,
Neemrana, District Alwar
Rajasthan – 301705
Toll Free number- 1800 103 5050
Central Admissions Office:
85, Sector 32,
Institutional Area, Gurgaon,
Regional Admissions Offices
NU Admissions Office
8 Balaji Estate, Guru Ravi Dass Marg,
Kalkaji, New Delhi – 110019
6B, Pretoria Street,
NIIT Ltd., 4th Floor, Tower B, Marwah Centre,
Krishanlal Marwah Marg, Opp. Saki Vihar,
Andheri (East), Mumbai-400072
NIIT Ltd., Flat No 402,403, 4th Floor,
Navaketan Complex, Opp. to Clock Tower,
SD Road, Secunderabad, Telangana 500003
Admission Facilitation Centres (Visit our website for the detailed list of centres)
The Application Form
The Fee for the Application form is INR 1500. Payment can be made in the following ways:
- Crossed Cheque (Pay to NIIT University)
- Demand Draft (in favour of NIIT University, payable at Gurgaon)
- Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking (through NU Website)
- Cash (has to be submitted in person only)
The completed admission application form should be submitted on or before the specified dates by one of the following methods:
- Online at www.niituniversity.in
- In person at any of the regional/central admissions offices.
- By registered post/speed post/courier service to any of the regional/central admissions offices.
- Scan and email to email@example.com, along with a scanned copy of the fee deposit receipt.